Holiday Party DIY Essentials
Hosting a holiday party? Here’s some essential oil DIY’s, perfect for your event.
DIY Warm Drink Coasters
This amazing DIY doesn’t just protect your table, it releases the scent of your essential oils as the warm drink heats the coaster. Enjoy your warm drink and aromatherapy at the same time!
- 5″ x 12″ piece of pretty fabric for the outside of the coaster (try 100% cotton in a fun pattern or color)
- two 4.5″ squares of plain muslin
- plain, uncooked rice
- 6-7 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Ziploc bag
- Put about one cup of rice into a ziploc bag and add 6-7 drops of essential oils. Seal the bag and shake the rice around so the oils mix in. Set the bag aside in a cool, dry place for 24 hours so the rice can soak up the scent.
- Fold over half an inch of fabric at one short end of the rectangle of outer fabric, and hem the ned by sewing along the fold with about a ¼” seam allowance. Repeat on the other short end.
- Fold the long strip of fabric, right side in, so that both ends overlap each other about an inch or so. The final dimensions of the cover will be 4.5” long, so adjust accordingly.
- Sew along the open edges, leaving a ½” seam allowance. Clip the corners and turn the envelope cover right side out.
- Pin the two muslin squares on top of each other and sew around all four edges with a ¼” seam allowance, leaving a small hole on one edge to add the rice. Use a funnel to pour the scented rice into the muslin pouch.
- The fuller the pouch, the more stable it will be, so fill it as full as you can. Sew the small opening closed.
- Put the small muslin pouch inside your envelope cover, and you’re finished!
Let your guests sit back and relax as they sip their favorite drink and experience aromatherapy.
Holiday Diffuser Blends
Bring holiday scents into your home with these festive blends!
- 3 drops of Ginger
- 2 drops of Cinnamon
- 2 drops of Clove
- 1 drop of Clove
- 3 drops of Wild Orange
- 2 drops of Cinnamon
- 3 drops of Douglas Fir
- 2 drops of Cedarwood
- 1 drop of Juniper Berry
Get Yourself Party-Ready
Use this recipe to get your eyelashes looking thick and beautiful in time for your event.
- 1 tsp almond oil
- 1 tsp castor oil
- 3 drops lavender oil
- 1 drop rosemary oil
- Small bowl
- Mini funnel
- Empty clear mascara tubes
- In a small bowl, mix up the castor oil, almond oil, and essential oils until combined.
- Using the dropper, transfer the serum into the clear mascara tube.
Apply just one coat once or twice a day for thicker, longer lashes!
Glitter Body Spray
This natural mist will give your hair or skin a gorgeous gold sparkle.
4 oz spray bottle
3 tsp. fractionated coconut oil
2 tsp. gold mica
3-4 drops of essential oil of choice
- Use the funnel to first add the fractionated coconut oil.
- Next, add gold mica.
- Use the distilled water to slowly help the leftover mica funnel into the bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water and add essential oil, leaving enough room to shake the mixture.
Shake well before use. To use, spray onto to body and rub in with hands or spray into hair for an extra shimmer.
Click here to see Oil Life make this recipe.
Click here to see Oil Life’s blog post on holiday drinks, perfect for serving at your event.
How do you use essential oils during the holidays? Let us know in the comments below.