Simple Ways to Boost Your Mood
“Laughter is the best medicine.” You may have heard this quote before and thought it was just a sweet way of saying that laughter is great and makes people feel good . . . but it’s more than that!
Did you know laughing actually increases blood flow and, as a result, boosts both your mood and your immune system? How cool is that?! Turns out laughter really is great medicine for both the mind and the body!
5 Ways to Boost Your Mood
Everyone needs a go-to activity that they know will help get them moving and boost their mood. If you don’t already have a go-to activity when you’re feeling down, here are some great ways to boost your mood!
- Watch a funny movie – Funny movies are great for boosting your mood, so get the popcorn and kick back with a one of the classics, like Monsters Inc. or Mrs. Doubtfire!
- Listen to your favorite playlist or artist – Music has been shown to lower blood pressure and improve breathing.
- Go for a walk around the block – Walking not only helps take our mind off things, but it helps lower our cholesterol and blood pressure too!
- Spend time with your pet – Spending time with your pets is often relaxing and helps you relieve stress and boost your mood.
- Eat dark chocolate and drink green tea – Dark chocolate helps lower your stress hormones, while green tea helps calm the body!
Essential Oils to Boost Mood
Essential oils are an AMAZING tool with so many benefits – USE THEM! If you’re ever feeling down or stressed out, just reach for any of these five essential oils to help boost your mood!
- Lavender – Calms you down while easing depression and anxiety.
- Frankincense – Grounds you and promotes relaxation.
- Wild Orange – Wakes you up and boosts your energy.
- Peppermint – Soothes stomach aches, headaches and clears the mind.
- Bergamot – Soothes anxiety and helps you release negative energy.
Our Favorite Mood Boosters
We all need a little pick-me-up sometimes. Here are just a few things that give us that little boost of confidence we need when we’re feeling down.
- Emoji Stickers – Slap the happy face, kissy face or winky face emoji stickers on your mood boosting roller bottles! Perfect for quickly identifying your “happy” roller bottle blends.
- Emotions and Essential Oils – Learn how to take charge of your emotional health and develop an understanding of both the physical and emotional aspects of essential oils.
- Essential Oils for Happy Living – Find out how essential oils can help you lead a happy, healthy life and transform your emotional wellness through the power of intent.
- Rollerball Mentality Make & Take Kit – Invite friends and family over for a make and take workshop! This kit includes over 10 rollerball recipes that will help your family and friends cope with various stressors.
Will YOU be traveling this year?
Get tips and tricks for traveling with oils here.