Cleansing is a great way to hit the reset button on digestion, your mental state and your negative habit eating patterns! Here are a few things we’ve found to be helpful! AND a Fun Video to go along with it!
The Candida Program section of The Essential Life Book is a ThORoUgH and AWESOME step by step! The blends, specific ailment exercises and focused immune support is sure to get you feeling right! We also love the selections in the bodily functions pages as well!
According to this Gaia Herbs Article, these are a some great tips while you cleanse!
- Begin the day by drinking a glass of warm water with fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Lightly dry brush your entire body before bathing in the morning. Brush in the direction toward your heart to support lymphatic and blood flow.
- Drink water throughout the day (8 to 10 glasses).
- Engage in at least 20 minutes of light exercise daily.
- Chew solid food until thoroughly liquefied before swallowing.
- Maintain a balanced routine of rest and activity.
- Try to get more sleep than usual, between 7-9 hours per night. Take a nap if the day allows.
The doTERRA cleanse is fantastic as well! Add this tear pad to your next class and pick up your vitamins for a killer cleanse!
Avoid these foods:
- Products containing refined sugars
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese and ice cream
- Soda and juice that is not 100% fruit or vegetable
- Breads and other refined baked goods
- Fried foods
- Red meats
- Shellfish and high mercury fish such as swordfish
- Soy (except fermented soy foods)
- Excessive caffeine (If you are a coffee drinker, consider switching to green tea)
Instead, eat plenty of these foods:
- Lightly steamed vegetables and vegetable soups
- Mixed green salads
- Fresh vegetable and fruit juices
- Whole grains (brown rice, millet, oats, amaranth, quinoa)
- Garlic, onions and ginger
- Legumes (beans) such as lentils
- Fresh broiled fish: wild salmon and sardines (high in omega-3 fatty acids and low in mercury)
- Fresh fruits in season
- Sea vegetables
- Herbal tea (especially green tea)
In this Oprah Article, we find Dr.Oz’s break down of the natural cleansing system we’ve all be blessed with!
The Amazing Cleaning Machine
Here’s a brief look at how the body’s own extraordinary detoxification system works.
The liver: This hardworking organ allows nutrients from your food to enter your bloodstream while catching toxins like pesticides and mercury. The liver then excretes those toxins in bile, which eventually flows into the intestines to be eliminated.
The lungs: They’re living air purifiers, filtering out damaging particulates and vapors. Tiny hairlike filaments called cilia line airways and help prevent pollutants from passing into your blood.
The kidneys: Every 35 to 45 minutes, the kidneys filter all the blood in your body and dispose of toxins in urine.
The colon: Like the lungs, your colon is lined with guard cells that help block harmful substances from moving into your bloodstream. Regular bowel movements eliminate those toxins before they can harm you.
Mehmet Oz, MD, is the host of The Dr. Oz Show
Get your Cleanse On and Feel Great!!
We Love You at Oil Life!!
Sign up for our Cooking with Casey Hansen Workshop!
Join us for this Emotional Centering Workshop in which Karyn Grant will let us in on her Joy Coaching Method!